Friday, June 24, 2011

Something -things is/are missing?

When I walked in Jon's room yesterday the first thing I noticed was that the rails were off his bed...if the rails are missing so is the Camelbak that hangs on them. When I found it it had been taken apart. Strange, it was like being at home; no one knew who took it apart or why, some of them weren't even working the day before. Seems the rails became loose and fell off; Jon couldn't get the new mouthpiece on the water bag to work so I guess someone was investigating how it was put together(?) I got it back together and put the old mouthpiece back on so when the rail goes back up itt is ready to go.

After visiting a while, Jon said, "they took me off the oxygen today" and that's when I noticed they had also shaved his mustache. He had been off the oxygen for 4 hours and was still maintaining an oxygen level of 96. Had him do a couple of his breathing exercises which he really needs to keep up. He was really upset about the mustache bit--seems they were originally just going to "trim it up a bit." I told him I couldn't get over how much younger he looked without it. Don't think that cheered him up much though.

He was also disappointed with the news that it didn't seem like he would be going to Golden Living in Napoleon--they weren't sure they could "meet his needs." I'm having the social worker check out 3 places one of which is another place in Napoleon. He really wants to be in a new place by his birthday (July 9). It would be so much closer for everyone and for family get togethers in the summer. It would be handy for the 2 fellas working at Campbell Soups; they ought to start working 7 days a week pretty soon.

I'm leaving for Chicago and NEA Retired convention on Sunday so unless one of the gals goes up and wants to leave a post you probably won't hear anything until late next week.

Hope all is well with the rest of you.


No comments: