Sunday, June 5, 2011

Improvement Continues

On Jon's board on the wall have been his goals for his stay: Safety (I imagine that refers to quit batting the tube in your mouth!), Comfort, and Extubate with two exclamation marks. When I walked in today I noticed that he had no tube in his mouth so the third goal has been met! When I saw the machine being rolled out of the room we knew it was official so I went to the board and drew a smile under the exclamations to make a smiley. The only disadvantage I can see is that he started coughing quite a bit after his breathing treatment. That may have partially been the goal of the breathing treatment but he really sounded quite congested.

We had a short talk about his stay. He couldn't remember his/our first night there--but that was to be expected. At first, he wasn't quite sure he remembered the second time Carol was there and needed to be reminded that Angelique was with me yesterday. He is hoping he can leave there tomorrow-in fact, he is sure he is but he doesn't always get his information straight.

That's about it..he looks like Jon, talks like Jon and can occasionally be cranky like all of us! Wish him luck on leaving soon!

No comments: