Thursday, June 9, 2011

Jon Meets Liam


Jon was perhaps in the best spirits I've seen in ages. His face looks good, his voice is strong and he's been doing some exercise on his own. Since he has come back from the hospital he could have some therapy start up again and they put some weights on his wrists while doing some exercises. He has obviously been drinking quite a bit of water which is great--even if he slacks off a bit.

I exercised Jon's hands and he even asked to have his legs and feet exercised some also. Every little bit of directed movement helps to keep him flexible. I think I have forgotten to mention that Jon is still on oxygen and is supposed to be blowing on the "pickle" daily to strengthen his lungs. He also has a breathing meter but we only did the pickle today.

Joe (sister Carol's son) and Jenny came shortly after I arrived and brought Liam. Jon has never seen him yet, only looked at pictures on our cameras. We played airplane with him and Jon was able to give him a few smooches on the cheek. I tried sitting Liam on the bed close to Jon but couldn't get the baby in a comfortable position.

Supposedly getting the chair up to Toledo is back on the plan but I'll believe that when their van drives into my driveway!

No comments: