Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring Can't Come Soon Enough

Went to see Jon on Saturday and found that the wound vac wasn't working. When Carol and I left on Wednesday we thought it was signaling that there was a leak. However, they said there was a part that needed to be replaced so he was only on the wound vac for about 36 hours. He was also having some problems with his digestive system that he had before when he was on tube feeding...we always said "liquid in, liquid out..." They're working on fixing that. I went to Toledo today and found that the wound vac still wasn't hooked up although when I left that was on their "to do" list for the day. They were changing the dressing on his calf and I asked if I could take a peek. It looks like it has increased at least one centimeter in both directions. Very red which I guess is a good sign of healthy tissue. Also just before leaving a pain management fellow came in to see how Jon's pain level was doing. I pointed out that one of the reasons he was wearing his hand splints all the time was because they didn't hurt so much with them on. It was decided that Jon's level of neurotin could be increased to see if that would help. Jon is still trying to keep a "stiff upper lip." He's not happy about being in bed all the time, I know but he's not complaining--at least not to me. I still have to bug him about keeping the blinds open so he's not in a "cave" and I was surprised that he didn't have the TV on. In fact he was complaining about the loud TV across the hall. Other than taking spells of wanting frequent drinks I've not heard any complaints from the staff.

It's almost April and I sure wish the weather was acting like it...although some place in the northeast they had another bout with snow and we haven't had that, thank goodness!

No comments: