Friday, January 15, 2010

Back in the Saddle Again

Jon came back from the hospital shortly before noon today and reports that's good to be back in his chair again! He looked pretty rough all day Wednesday and must have been pretty cranky but he was asleep most of the time that I bopped in. He did remind me on Thursday to bring his gum he asked for since I didn't do it the day before but I had done as asked. Since he was asleep I didn't wake him up to tell him I put it right beside the sink so he ended up with 2 big packs of Juicy Fruit.

The nurse at Brookview commented that if she had her way he wouldn't be in his chair so much...much the same that the Village had said. However, Jon balks at the idea and so we need to cross our fingers that his bedsore that is healing so nicely does not take an unexpected turn for the worse again.

He reports that his weight is down to 168 - that's a loss of 4 pounds for which I'm glad. He's carrying some of that along his jaws and his tummy when where he really needs it is on his bottom end.

Look forward to seeing some of you on one of my visits with Jon.

No comments: