Sunday, January 24, 2010

....and More Independence!

I went to see Jon yesterday and they informed me that Jon was "out." "Out ", I said, "Where did he go?" She showed me the sign out sheet and sure enough a friend of his signed him out earlier in the afternoon. I said, "Hunh, I wonder where they got a van."..the reply? "They took off on foot, said they were just going down the road." They were under the impression he went to my house which is kinda just down the road. We found out later that their original intent was to go to a friend's house who indeed did live "just down the road" but he wasn't home....don't know why Shawn didn't notice that when he walked by the house on the to Brookview but.... anyway they decided to go across town to see the landlady that he'd done a lot of walk for and then ended up across the street at his girl friend's house. I asked about a ramp and he said no problem...they just laid two 2 x 6 boards on the front steps and guided him right up, slick as a whistle...and that's his story and he's sticking by it!

I passed the two of them on my way into town and the grins on their faces spoke volumes. Jon was thrilled to be out and about and is looking forward to more trips. My concern is about the condition of the sidewalks, especially on High St. where in some cases there are none and the traffic tends to move quite quickly.

Pray, folks, pray!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Jon -get out and about !!!

Be independent, and have fun with your friends!!

BUT - listen to the NURSES and medical staff so your bed sore doesn't come back. With one of those, you will be tied down again. Be careful!!

Mark said...

Hey Jon!
Ditto what CAVU said. I'm finding out now what having to deal with one of them is like and it's NO FUN! I'm at stage 4 now. Bummer!
Get out and have fun and remember those pressure reliefs!!

Love ya Cus'!
Cus' Mark