Friday, October 16, 2009

Back on the Home Front

I was hoping Barb had some time to post this week but she's had her church responsibilities and brought me half way to Defiance Wednesday which didn't give her enough time to really visit with Jon afterwards. Before I left for Defiance I checked and found that they had no record of Jon's return visit to the ENT doctor on Tuesday. The doctor will hopefully remove the trach for good and clean his right ear. Jon now has transportation arranged. I also requested that they not take out the PICC line for IV's but again they are really afraid of infection which realistically shouldn't happen with proper care...Jon's veins are rather "tough" and I think it's hard on them to keep putting lines in and out. I would feel a lot better if he didn't keep getting infections or pneumonia every month or so.

I am trying my best to abide by doctor's orders but you can imagine how hard it is to weigh every thing in terms of "lighter than a coffee mug." The right arm has no cast , or sling, so it is getting a little more use than it should. I should also add that in addition to the fracture in one of the bones in my left wrist (which is in a cast) my left elbow also has a hairline fracture as does the right elbow. And the bruise on the left elbow is far darker than the right.

The fellas are learning how to cook. I walked Greg through the process of making breaded pork chops last night and Josh just finished making a meatloaf.

Must go--wrist aches from hunt and peck typing! Thanks for checking in.

No comments: