Wednesday, March 18, 2009

No colostomy!

Friday, March 13th, Mom spoke with the Wound Care Nurse and he does not have a problem getting a good seal on the wound vac. He is primarily responsible for changing the dressing (Monday, Wednesday, Friday). He said he does not see a reason for doing the colostomy right now so it has been put on the back burner for the time being. Big sigh for us as Jon was very adamant about not having it done.

Jon continued to sleep Saturday and Sunday during the day. It was boring for us but needed sleep for him. Monday he was up to 16 hours off the respirator and able to have the passe muir (speaking valve) back on. Mom surprised me and put Jon on the phone when I spoke with her at noon. She is not the only one to have problems hearing on her phone. Jon said he couldn't hear well either so our conversation was cut short. By the time I got there that (Monday) evening, he was sleeping again.

Well, Monday Mom informed me she was willing to pay for 2 months of internet if I could get it hooked up. That night I went home to take of my dog Charlie and low and behold who should appear on my doorstep but an AT&T representative with internet service!!! Therefore as of this Thursday I will have internet at the house so we can post more often again. Thanks for your patience.

Thank you for checking in and continue your prayers for Jon and the family.

Barb

No comments: