Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Day in the Sun

Sunday and Monday were pretty uneventful. Jon slept alot. Today they put Jon into a bed that folds into a chair and I was able to take him out of the room. We even went outside! The first time he has been outside, other than to be transported somewhere, since the accident. We (Jon and Barb)were only out for 15 minutes but the sun was shining and felt warm. Jon's response was "It could have been warmer and less wind". I was hoping for something alittle more excited than that but at least it got him outside the room and the building. Something alittle freeing about going out and sitting in the sun. He sat there and just soaked in the sun with his eyes closed. We'll see if it helps his spirits any. I hope so.

I left for work at 1:00 pm and Mom and Carol got there around 1:30-2:00ish. I don't know how his day has been with them so far. Will write more later.

Please continue to pray for Jon's healing, attitude/outlook and the family's health and outlook. I told him he is starting to get a little short with people again. The positive attitude was apparently left at OSU.

Thanks for checking.

No comments: