Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Roller Coaster Continues

First to finish off the time with the van. Jon and I thoroughly enjoyed having a van. On Saturday we went to the Iron Pony (a motorcycle shop he has been wanting to go to) and did make it to the Columbus Zoo for the lights. We went into the buildings before it got dark and after to get warm. He enjoyed it. Sunday he did go back to church with me. He said he had never been to a church like that before. I said is that good or bad? He said good. After church we went back to Iron Pony and then off to develop more film. We got back at 5:00. I dropped him off at the door and said I was going to return the van. I was on the on ramp when I realized my car keys were in his room. I went back to get them. I was just getting back on the freeway when it started to snow!!! God is so good. Jon was safe and sound before it started to snow.

Monday he gave me "permission" to sleep in Monday morning and that I didn't need to come in until late afternoon/early evening. He counts on me helping to put him to bed. At 5:00 p.m. I received a phone call from the receptionist. Jon wanted to know when I was coming in. I told her I would be there after 6:00. I got there at 6:25. Tuesday was so cold down here that after I took out the trash in the morning I didn't go anywhere the rest of the day. I didn't even go back out to bring the trash can and recycling bins back in.

Today at 11:41 Mom and I received the phone call about Jon coming home tomorrow. I got there at 2:03 after running errands. Mom and Carol arrived 4:45. Here comes the roller coaster ride. Around 3:00 the social worker comes in and says that she has to cancel him going home tomorrow. We just looked at her and she said "I'm serious". The corporate office of the wheelchair company said that Jon could not take the chair. Apparently the original sales rep had not filed some paperwork that he should have, that there had been no rent payments for the last 8 months. Then they called back and said that if the new facility would pay rent of $200-400 then Jon could take the chair. Then they called back and said no to renting it that if the facility wanted to buy it for $3500 that he could take it. The facility obviously didn't want to do that. We asked if Jon could purchase it for that amount. Around 4:15, I left to get my phone cord to recharge my phone, while I was gone the new facility called back saying that corporate had called them and said that there would be no rent, or purchasing necessary that Jon could continue to use the chair as previously agreed. So when I got back at 5:42, he was going home. I went to the bank and to pick up some dinner with Mom and when we got back at 6:15, we found out that the sales rep called the current facility and said no one from corporate had told him that so we are back off again. So as of 8:20 p.m. Jon is not leaving at 10:00 tomorrow. The sales rep is getting in tomorrow at 7:30 and will find out what is going on and will let us know in the morning what the final decision is. We are all physically and emotionally tired. Carol packed up his room while Mom and I were out at the bank and getting dinner. I loaded the boxes containing things that he does not use daily in my car. I'm pretty sure that he will be going home in the next day or two. If not I will be taking his stuff back in.

More to follow as it comes to us. Please pray that things go well tomorrow and that every one's emotions are better.

No comments: