Wednesday, August 26, 2009

No More Wound Vac!!!! No More Wound Vac!!!!

I told Jon Tuesday that I may only be able to come up for 15-20 minutes on Wednesday as I had to work at the church in the evening. I had trainings all day. The morning training ended way early and they let us have a very extended lunch so after typing the blog about the field trip, I went over to see Jon. He met me in the parking lot. Instead of saying "What are you doing here? I wasn't expecting you" as I thought he would, he started to sing.
It was to the tune of Ring Around the Rosie. It went like this:

"No more wound vac, No more wound vac.
I don't have to wear a wound vac.
I should drink a six pack, I should drink a six pack (keep reading).
But I won't and I can't. I don't even want to. (!!!!!)
No more wound vac. No more wound vac."

He continued on saying that they will use a cream for what is still left. "Matt is excited. He won't have to take it off (the chair) and put it on the mat anymore where it gets in our way. It won't stink anymore".

Obviously he was very excited about the wound vac being taken off. That is one of his goals!!!. It just makes it nicer all the way around. The hole is only the size of a quarter, including the depth.

I forgot to say that the sputum test came back negative. Yeah!! Although he is still coughing alot. He has finally figured out that if he leans forward that it comes out alot easier. Last night and tonight he got quite a bit out by leaning forward and coughing. The urine test is still not back yet. Although Matt commented on the amount of sediment still in the catheter. Speaking of the catheter, I don't remember if I wrote yesterday that it had backed up. He had no output from 6:45 am to 3:00 pm. They had to put him back to bed and put a new one in. He was one tired puppy last night when they put him back to bed for the night. He was falling asleep in the chair and therefore was cranky when they finally got around to putting him to bed. He had a long day.

Tonight Mark came back to visit. Jon was saying that the 26th was Marks' birthday, the day after our mom's and Mark said yes. Jon didn't say anything and finally Mark said "So are you going to say Happy Birthday?" Jon laughed and said he thought today was Friday not Wednesday. Anyway, both Mark and Jon had a nice visit.

It's late and I am tired. I did go back over to Jon's at 10:15 after I got done with my job at church. He was already tucked in and we just chatted. I just got home at 11:15 and started his laundry.

God bless you all and thank you for checking in.

Love,

Barb

2 comments:

Mary Kay (cousin) said...

Just want to say congratulations on such great progress!!! :)

Mark said...

Way to go Jon!! Progress!! Keep it up Cus'! You are getting there.