Thursday, December 11, 2008

Totally Freakin' Awesome!

As I was leaving work for lunch today, my cell phone rang. Caller ID showed it was my mom's cell phone and I answered. I was greeted by a (slightly) unrecognizable male voice who asked me what I was doing. I said I was going to lunch and the caller said where are you going for lunch. I said I had no idea. The caller kept talking to me, and I may or may not have said, "Who the he!! is this?" "You don't know who this is?", was the reply. Uh, no. I tried to guess, but I couldn't think and I had no idea where the heck my mom was, so I got an "OK" and the next thing I hear is my mom asking me, "You don't know who that was?" I said no and she said, "UNCLE JON! Do you want to talk to him again?" "Are you kidding me? YEAH!" I told him I was sorry I was a jacka** and talked to him for a few minutes. I said that his voice sounded different, but he thought it sounded kind of the same. Of course, now that I knew who I was talking to, I could pick out certain characteristics of his voice.

I know no information medically about his talking trach, I only know that that was the most awesome, unexpected thing to happen to me in a long time. I can't wait to see Uncle J and have a (out loud!) conversation with him. Yay!

No comments: