Sunday, November 2, 2008

1 Hour and 15 Minutes!

Today (which is actually yesterday, since I am writing this post at 1:30 a.m.!), Uncle J made some awesome progress. In the morning he was off the ventilator and breathing completely on his own for 45 minutes. We (Joey, his GF Jenny, and myself) thought this was really good, but we got a little scared when he started having a few "pauses" between heart beats! He gets so tired that he'll do that for a bit after he's back on the ventilator (which he still only needs to give him one breath per minute, doing the rest on his own). Then, when we came back for the afternoon visit, he had been off the ventilator again, this time for 1 hr and 15 minutes! Hopefully this is indicative of how the rest of the breathing trials will go as he builds up resistance and strengthens everything up. His fever of a day or so ago is gone and he was very alert, mouthing words. At times it is hard to decipher, and sometimes I can't, but he always seems to keep his patience with me! He did tell me, "Get me outta here." To which I said we can't yet until you're stronger and he said, "OK."

Thank you to all those who have visited, prayed, and sent happy thoughts his way. Keep 'em coming!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Jon!!!! Keep up the good work. I am impressed going from 45 minutes to 1 hr 15 minutes in just 1 treatment. The goal was 30 minutes and you have surpassed it both times. My prayer is that you come to know God as your Savior and that you call on Him for your strength. He loves you more than all your family and friends combined!!! And that my brother is alot!!!! He is there for you whenever you want. He will never leave you or forsake you. Just call on Him. You may not feel His presence but He is there nonetheless.
I love you!!
Your sister, Barb

Anonymous said...

Jon, This is from The Monroe Family ,We hope and pray for you to get better,and to be with us all soon . We all love and miss you very much. Jimi, Robin, Joe, Sandie, Kathy

F. Dean said...

YO! JON, SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE MAKING EXCEPTIONAL PROGRESS. AUNT JUDY & I HAVE PUT YOU ON OUR PRAYER LIST AT CHURCH. THE SAME ONE GRAM & GRAMPS C. ATTENDED. I PUT A CARD IN THE MAIL YESTERDAY(11-01-08) SIGNED BY THE ENTIRE CONGREGATION. YOU ARE ON THE HEARTS & MINDS OF MANY FOLKS YOU KNOW AND DON'T KNOW. THERE IS TRULY POWER IN PRAYER. CARRY ON IN YOUR RECOVERY, AS PRESCRIBED BY THE MEDICAL STAFF, AND YOU WILL BE HOME IN NO TIME.

PEACE BE YOU AND THE WHOLE FAMILY,

LOVE YA,
DEAN