Sunday, May 17, 2009

New development

Jon's former roommate is now next door. His wife(the roommates) came over to see how Jon was doing. She talked to him for a few minutes and her grandson came over to see where she was. The grandkids came over and were talking to Jon. The granddaughter asked Jon what happened and he told her he was in a motorcycle accident. The grandson was interested in all the machinery that Jon is hooked up to and was checking it all out. Jon enjoyed their visit.

Jon was in a good mood when I got there today. Dad went up after church and fed him lunch so I took time to mow my grass. It was knee high. I had to mow each row twice. When I finally got to see Jon asked me about my "jungle". He asked "Did you hear Tarzan yelling in your yard" and did the Tarzan yell. "Did he say Me Tarzan, you Jane?" It was really nice to laugh with Jon.

Jon has the start of another bed sore on his bottom. Opposite side of first one. It started out as just a red spot and they put a "second skin" on it. Today we noticed that the bandage was soiled and starting to come off. When they changed the bandage, we saw that the skin was broken. It's not much but it is the start of a new sore. Once the skin breaks it can develop quickly. The night tech agreed to turn Jon early as much as he can throughout the night. Please pray that the sore does not get bigger. Jon asked "Why don't they have a wound vac on it?" I told him that it wasn't big enough for a wound vac. That would not be pretty, one on each side.

The trial wheel chair has not shown up yet. I wanted to get him in a wheel chair and outside as it was so nice today but he didn't want to and it didn't work out with turning and eating schedules. I hope to get him outside sometime. I think that being out in the sun would so nice. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

Thank you for checking in and keep praying.

No comments: